Why do I love Gi Joes so much?

Why do I love Gi Joe?

Have you ever had an affinity for something and you didn't realize why? Well that's exactly how I felt about Gi Joe until I sat down to write this post. I know to other people it may seem odd that I'm an adult who plays, collects, and customizes Gi Joe action figures. I haven't been able to fully understand what the big deal is about Gi Joe until now. Like a detective, I've been sitting her trying to remember the first time I saw Gi Joe and how I felt and I'm finding that some of the happiest moments of my childhood have involved Gi Joe.

All of my friends had gi joes so my parents bought some for me and my brother so we could all play together. Gi Joe became a staple gift for me and my brother each Christmas and every birthday from our parents. I think they even rewarded good behavior with Gi Joe figures. I was always my little brother's hero whenever he broke a gi joe because I'd fix it for him and sometimes go a step further and make a new Gi Joe character altogether for him.

I've always been creative like that I guess. I do a lot of different things now artstically, but I get the most enjoymentby far from customizing 25th anniversary style Gi Joes. I will be posting my custom works in progress and finished customs here regularly in the future.

Comments

  1. I know what you mean man. Im that way with my gundam action figures. a little different. but im always customizing, fixing, etc, even turned it into a profitable business. i love your customs. i currently custom paint my joes to fit into my stopmotion animation gundam series on youtube : gundam father of peace. you'll have to check it out sometime. :D keep up the good work, never give up what you love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josh. I just watched one of ur vids and i'm like wow! that is super creative man. keep up the good work. i'd love to hear more about ur biz. what u do is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Custom G.I. Joe & Marvel Universe Custom Action Figures

Action Figure Customizing tips about eBay

How to Crack a Gi Joe Torso