Custom G.I. Joe Figure Lady Jaye

Custom G.I. Joe Figure Lady Jaye

I wanted to showcase this recent commissioned G.I. Joe Custom Lady Jaye for a very serious action figure collector from youtube (Tim B). You guys should check out his channel because he has one of the most impressive GI Joe figure collections I have ever seen. It's definitely worth your time. Back to Lady Jaye now, for this particular figure the buyer wanted me to incorporate elements from the original 1980s Lady Jaye but also give her a touch of the modern with a more artistic interpretation. This expanded my options for making this custom figure's face, hair and body type. I also tweaked the style of Lady Jay's clothing by adding black knee supports to each leg. Tim wanted her to have long hair instead of the short cropped hair of the traditional 80s Lady Jaye. He also wanted the hat backwards to give a more hip, playful look than her 1980s counterpart. We did stay true to the original bright green color as an homage to the Version 1 1985 Lady Jaye.
 As I'm posting these pics of my Custom Lady Jaye, it has become glaringly obvious how I need to use a professional camera for taking pictures of custom gi joe figures instead of using my iphone. The colors are completely different from my phone to the computer screen. Comparing these pics to the real in the hand figure are also different. I have had many customers tell me that my figures look much better in person than they look in the pictures I send. Alas, I finally understand. It had to be said. Moving along...
 Notice the details of this GI Joe Custom. There is some hair peaking through the backwards baseball hat. Her hair is brown with some dark shading for contrast.
 The black knee supporters and the thigh holsters are unique to this figure and not found in the 1985 GI Joe.

Custom Lady Jaye G.I. Joe by Barbincito

Yo Joe!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Custom G.I. Joe & Marvel Universe Custom Action Figures

Action Figure Customizing tips about eBay

How to Crack a Gi Joe Torso